We are looking for excellent applications to fill an open position for a PhD student. Successful applicants will be admitted to the PhD programme of the Faculty of Informatics at USI under the supervision of Prof. Walter Binder. Possible research topics include:
- data processing;
- big data;
- parallel computing;
- managed languages and runtimes;
- program transformation;
- performance analysis and optimization;
- software mining;
What we offer
- Competitive salary, guaranteed for the whole duration of the PhD (up to 4years). The initial net monthly salary is around 3’300 CHF (3’385 EUR / 3’430 USD / 2850 GBP).
- Generous travel funds and research equipment (hardware/software).
- Possibility to conduct research on cutting-edge technologies in collaboration with industry partners.
- Expertise and mentoring in the aforementioned areas.
What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, and excellent applicants with an MSc degree (or close to completing the MSc studies) in computer science or closely related fields. Previous working/research experience is not required.
- An open mind and the attitude to experiment in a flexible environment.
How to apply
Please send your application to walter [dot] binder [at] usi [dot] ch. Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae detailing your education and previous employment (if any).
- Transcript of the courses during your BSc and MSc studies (with grades).
Feel free to contact us for any concern or information on this position.